Friday, December 28, 2012

How I Planned Your Wedding: The All-True Story of a Mother and Daughter Surviving the Happiest Day of Their Lives

How I Planned Your Wedding: The All-True Story of a Mother and Daughter Surviving the Happiest Day of Their LivesHow I Planned Your Wedding: The All-True Story of a Mother and Daughter Surviving the Happiest Day of Their Lives by Susan Wiggs
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I started this book at least 3 times before reading past the first few pages, but eventually forced my way through since it was a giveaway book and I already feel terrible that I hadn't finished it a year and half later.

While there were definitley funny moments and some great heartwarming ones, it was very obvious that it was a collaboration and not in a good way. I usually love Susan Wiggs when I need a does of chick lit, but much of "her" was missing in the collaboration on this. My other issue, which may be related to having never been a bride but who knows, was that she came across as the spoiled bride (at least financially, not in the spoiled bridezilla way) whose world just might end if her "one" perfect day was not absolutely perfect. I guess that is what I should ahve expected from a wedding planning memoir written by a mom and daughter, but it still detracted from it for me. I could have done with a little more memoir and a little less commentary.

Overall it was an ok read for a rainy day, but definitely not one that would recommend and my copy has already taken it's journey to the thrift store shelves.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment