Tuesday, February 5, 2013

2013 Reading Challenge!

I'm only a month behind on starting this, but who's counting, right? Well, me, but counting books since that's all that matters! 

The Challenge, what I have read to date, and ideas I have TBR:

Century: One book from 1913/one book from 2013
  1.     The Aviator’s Wife - 2013
  2.     The Sinner’s and the Sea - 2013
  3.     Sons and Lovers - 1913
        
        
Genre: Read 13 Books from favorite genre (in my case, historical fiction)
  1.     The Aviator’s Wife
  2.     The Sinners and the Sea
  3.     Mrs. Lincoln’s Dressmaker
  4.     The Sinner’s and the Sea
  5.     Wolf Hall
  6.     City of Women
  7.     The Man Who Fell in Love with the Moon
  8.     .
  9.     .
  10.     .
  11.     .
  12.     .
  13.     .
     
Author: Read an author who has written at least 13 books   
  1. Charlaine Harris - 13th Sookie book in May!
   
Novel Ideas: Read 13 books recommended by The Novel Ideas
  1.     Slammed
  2.     Tell The Wolves I’m Home
  3.     Unbroken
  4.     City of Women
  5.     .
  6.     .
  7.     .
  8.     .
  9.     .
  10.     .
  11.     .
  12.     .
  13.     .

Bookshelf/TBR: Read the 13th book on the bookshelf and the 13th book on the TBR list - My        bookshelf  isn’t quite organized enough to count, so for this one I’m going to do the 13th book from both the top and bottom of my TBR list....
  1.     Bottom (oldest) - Crime and Punishment (ouch!!)
  2.     Top - The Distance Between Us
  
Series/Title: Read a book with 13 in the title or the 13th book in a series
  1.     Dead Ever After - Sookie #13
  
GROWING DUST!!: Read 13 books owned for 1+ years
  1.     .
  2.     .
  3.     .
  4.     .
  5.     .
  6.     .
  7.     .
  8.     .
  9.     .
  10.     .
  11.     .
  12.     .
  13.     .

    Grand Total: 65 books - 9/65....56 to go!

Of course I could never find the time to read a different book for each one (unless of course I gave up working, bathing, eating and doing housework...I would love the benefits of not eating, but I'm pretty sure the other three would not fly with those around me) so there will definitely be some crossover between the categories. Let the reading begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment